recipe: easy bbq baked chicken
Tonight, during dinner, I told my husband that as much as I love hanging out with friends, whether it be watching a movie together or conversing at a coffee shop, there are times when I relish a quiet evening at home. Resting. Relaxing. That’s what I aim to do for the rest of this evening!
Not to say that work was hard today – it wasn’t, but I did feel a bit busy with a couple of errands to do after work. Getting graduation announcements taken care of for a friend (I am a photographer on the side), voting at our local election, and stopping by the library to return books and to check out new ones (plus, DVDs!). I ended up renting 3 cookbooks and 5 movies (3 romantic comedies, an adventure, and a foreign film), a perfect segue to my evening. Hmmmm, what movie should I watch?
Since I was set with my entertainment, I wanted to make an easy dinner for my husband and I to eat. On the menu? BBQ chicken. I went online for a few minutes to peruse some recipes and ended up tweaking this one to what I had in the pantry. Plus, I think my recipe is much simpler. Accompany this dish with turnip greens and baked beans (unfortunately, both were canned, but I didn’t mind) – an easy dinner indeed!
Easy BBQ Baked Chicken
- 9 chicken tenderloins (tenders)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- a bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray’s – so good!)
1. Mix olive oil, vinegar, oregano, parsley, pepper flakes & garlic powder in a bowl.
2. Put chicken tenderloins in a ziploc bag, and pour the olive oil marinade over the chicken.
3. Remove air from the bag, zip securely and shake so that the chicken is well-coated.
4. Marinade for 30-45 minutes.
5. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Remove chicken tenderloins from the bag, discard marinade, place the chicken a glass baking dish, and bake for 15 minutes. At the 8-minute mark, put your favorite BBQ sauce over the chicken, and then continue to bake for the next 7 minutes.
6. Serve with your favorite sides, and feel free to slather more BBQ sauce on the chicken.
Ahhh . . . dinner enjoyed (and husband approved!), time to put my feet up, watch a movie and relax. Happy Tuesday!