fun facts friday. or maybe I just like alliteration.
In the spirit of today, Friday, the day before Saturday (right, Rebecca Black?), and just 7 hours before my weekend begins, I bring to you . . .
FUN FACTS FRIDAY!
fifteen of them.
(really it’s because I don’t have any new recipes to post nor do I want to bore you non-runners with another running post, until next week that is, mwahahaha. taken & updated from an old FB post.)
1. I have a tattoo that I got done in Galway, Ireland while on a 5-week mission trip in the summer of 2002.
2. I did a lot of theater in high school and got the “All Star Cast” award in the district competition for my role as “Hero” in “Much Ado About Nothing,” our UIL play. I was also in “Gunfighter,” a play written by Tony-award-winning playwright Mark Medoff, when I attended a junior college. He was the artist-in-residence, so I was able to meet him and shake his hand! Yes, I had a total of 5 lines but I got to wear army fatigues and boots and learned how to salute properly.
3. Asparagus is my favorite vegetable. Ever. But it has to be roasted in some olive oil, kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Any other version will not suffice.
4. I have run six 5Ks, two 10Ks, one 4.2 mile race, and four half-marathons and I’m grateful to have had the strength to do them all, even though I’m not the fastest kid on the block. (What? You didn’t think I’d leave out running, did you?) I hope to continue running, even when I’m old and gray.
5. On our wedding day, right after the ceremony, we stopped by Sonic so I could get a drink. Our drivers (my friend Debra and her husband lovingly chauffered us in their fancy Escalade) pulled up to the fast food joint and I hollered out the window that I just got married – and received a free limeade 🙂
(me with my Sonic drink; husband is cut out of the picture because he is shy, and I have to respect that! I promise, he IS laughing and smiling too)
6. I have never broken a bone nor have I had any minor/major surgery. I’ve never even had stitches done.
7. After reading “Cricket and the Crackerbox Kid” and meeting the author while I was in elementary school, I was determined to write my own book. So, I wrote a 6-chapter story and sent it to the publisher listed on the “Cricket” book jacket. I got a letter saying nice try, but stay in school and keep writing. I am determined to get published one day.
8. I have hiked to the top of the Slieve League, Ireland’s highest sea cliffs, in 2002. My team (see #1) and I avoided “One Man’s Pass” and just forged our own trail without dying!
(taken from here)
9. I was born in the Philippines and have been to these countries: Mexico (4 times), Ireland (3 times), Ethiopia, England, Canada, China and India (2 times), mainly for missions. I love seeing God’s creation all over the world!
10. I know how to play the guitar. I can sing and strum at the same time, too! Am I good? Ehhhh . . . I can carry a tune and know enough chords to play a song. My specialty? Kansas’ “Dust in the Wind”.
11. I drink coffee black, since putting milk and sugar used to give me awful sugar crashes. I shudder at the thought of how much milk and sugar I used to put in my coffee. I also like to sit in coffee shops and chat with my friends.
12. I took 3 years of Latin in high school and thoroughly loved the language. I was able to read and write it quite well. But, after years of not studying it, I’ve lost my knowledge of the language. I do, however, speak Tagalog (my native tongue).
13. We don’t watch television at home. We own a TV but we don’t want to pay for cable since we’re at work most of the day and there’s so much crap out there. However, we do enjoy watching DVDs that we own or rent, particularly “Frasier,” “Law and Order” (original series) and “Sherlock Holmes.”
14. I am a bookworm. I love to read and have too many books and not enough shelf space. My some of my favorite books are: Little Women, Around the World in 80 Days and Les Miserables.
15. Water is my favorite drink. Lame, I know, but it’s just so good for you!