confessions of a pregnant woman.
As you can tell, I don’t get too personal on this blog. Far be it for me to deny others of the opportunity to tell the world of their own life’s happenings but I prefer to not get too personal (you gotta admit, there are some crazies out there!). My family and friends know what’s going on with me and I’m good with that. I’m not trying to hide anything dark or mysterious from you, but I’m just not that comfortable in giving too much detail about my personal life.
I hope you understand 🙂
But for a little “personal” time on here, I present to you a list.
Confessions of a pregnant woman.
1. I am now 26 weeks and 2 days pregnant. Onward to the third trimester!
2. Though I’ve been uncomfortable at times, I actually enjoy being pregnant.
3. I hate drawing attention to myself. (Kind of odd, if you’ve known me for a long time.) I like to be in the background, almost invisible, just minding my own business. But, my burgeoning belly prevents that from happening.I get all sorts of stares and comments now.
4. Cooking 3-4 meals on the weekends and freezing them has been one of my saving graces. It helps so much to not have to cook during the week! Or at least, not have to cook a big meal.
5. I’ve actually gotten a boost of energy these last several weeks. I blame it on nesting.
6. I had a dream last night that I gave birth to my baby boy while on a helicopter ride with my family. Weird, huh?
7. I get slightly annoyed when people offer me pregnancy or parenting advice that I didn’t ask for. But I try to just smile and nod and be respectful. People mean well, I know.
8. There are too many pregnancy books with all kinds of information and too many parenting books with too many different theories. How the heck did my parents raise me without any of this information overload?! I’ve actually stopped reading pregnancy books except for two – “Birthing from Within” and “Guide to Childbirth”. Also, currently reading two books, one about attachment parenting and the other – the Babywise book. I’m taking things in stride, with a grain of salt, and trusting that the Lord will help my husband and I to do this thing called parenthood.
9. If I’m sitting on the couch and want to get up, my husband has to pull me up or push me off.
10. Some days, I don’t feel like I’m myself. Sometimes I feel ugly and gross and big. Sometimes it seems that nothing looks good on me and I just want to stay at home, wearing pajama pants and a tshirt.
11. I am so excited to meet my baby boy.
12. I’m not as nervous or scared as I was in the beginning about labor and delivery. Mind you, there’s still apprehension but more so, I’m excited to go through this process.
13. I did not paint our guest bedroom to prepare it for the nursery. I figure, why paint it? Little baby boy is not going to care if the room is all cute and whatnot. He may not even like my taste in colors, so if he wants to paint it himself when he’s older, he can go right ahead 🙂 Our baby just needs to be loved, fed and taken care of. We do have all the furniture set in place and I think it looks rather nice without having painted the room.
14. I am feeling baby boy kick so much lately. I. LOVE. IT. I just wish he would kick enough for my husband to feel and see it. Soon, I hope!
15. Throughout this whole pregnancy, I’ve not been exhausted. I’ve actually been able to stay up pretty late most nights. The last few nights, though? I’m ready to go to bed by 9 pm. Hello, 3rd trimester? Coming up, on Saturday.
To be continued. Maybe . . .