blog fail and a plan.
So yeah. Blog challenge? I failed. Though it’s a fun idea, I’m afraid my new mom status hinders me from blogging regularly nowadays. I’m currently juggling working from home (trying to find 8 hours throughout the day to work on the computer) while taking care of a 3-month-old baby while keeping the house in order while trying to feed us decently healthy meals. Whew! But instead of being negative, I’ll just give you DAY 17 – post seven random facts about yourself.
1. I am okay stomping down little cockroaches but tiny (as well as big) lizards give me the worst heebie-jeebies! I mean, I really don’t like them. I don’t like to get near them, I don’t want our cat bringing them into the house. They’re just gross.
2. I lived in Ireland for 5 weeks in the summer of 2002.
3. While I like to eat healthy, you have to understand that fried chicken is probably my most favorite food item. Ever.
4. I am thirty years old and have only had 2 cavities in my life.
5. I don’t have a career, but I love my job as an administrative assistant at a large university. Working with students can be really fun and rewarding!
6. I can eat rice every single day. But I don’t do this because that’s a whole lotta carbs.
7. I don’t wear makeup, unless it’s for a special occasion.
On another note, I have to come up with a plan. You see, I go back to the office on Monday, July 30th. Back to busyness. Head first into the chaos of the fall semester. I’ll be working 40 hours a week, as is the usual for full-time employees. I’ve done this before, for many years. But with a baby? Nope, never, uh-uh. I am swimming in unchartered territory. Gotta come up with a plan so we don’t end up eating frozen pizza every single night!
Here’s what I’m thinking:
Monday nights – salads
Tuesday nights – cook one of my go-to recipes
Wednesday nights – omelets
Thursday nights – rice/couscous/barley & vegetable bowls
Friday nights – family night (dinner will probably be salads from Wendy’s or Chick Fil A)
Saturday lunch/dinner – follow a recipe; make some freezer meals
Sunday lunch/dinner – eat leftovers or cook a new recipe
With four nights set, that just leaves me with 3 dinners and 2 lunches I have to figure out. I don’t think it’ll be that hard to come up with some healthy and tasty to eat. I hope. We’ll see how this goes!
What about you, my friends? Any one in the same boat as me and have to come up with a meal plan?